Team Top Chick

Team Top Chick
GC Rome, Ga. 2010

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Being a Certified BBQ judge

Winchester Tn. was the first contest I would judge. Here I got to meet Fred and Linda Gould, two of the really great people in BBQ. Her I learned what a community BBQ contest was all about. Next I would judge Huntsville. I was obsessed with getting my 30 to become a master judge as quickly as possible. Later I would take judge training for MIM and the FBA. Back then It was nothing for me to drive five hours one way, judge a contest then drive home. Along the way I would meet many great people like Terrill Jones.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't imagine all the great food you get to eat being a BBQ Judge, life of luxury no doubt! (unless something goes wrong and it gets a little "overcooked" shall we say! c:)

I bet you're able to pick up a lot of great new ideas or recipes from different contestants trying out their skills! Molly Koch (Weber)

BTW… check out our new video series “Weber Grill Master”. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRN-VTuA0aw Grilling experts Jamie Purviance and Steven Raichlen compare notes on grilling techniques, what inspired these classically trained chefs to pursue the art of cooking with live fire, and find out what led to their biggest grilling mistakes.